Sunday, July 24, 2011

The sunshine of my life

We had friends over Saturday night! Caleb wanted in on the picture too, of course!
There's all kinds of fun at the Torbett house!
Anna Ruth made her own new friend this weekend...
and no, she's not sleeping in her crib with this giant bear. She just gets in there to kick around a couple of times a day.....sometimes take a toy-free nap in the crib..
We had 17 adults and 8 kids over for our connect group Saturday night. We served grilled chicken, corn, rolls, and had a salad bar...plus fruit and icecream for dessert. It was delicious and everyone (kids included) seemed to like it!
I really enjoyed getting to chat with everyone!
Abby, my friend since birth got to meet Anna!
Charles (a daddy of twin boys) meeting Anna Ruth!

I'm getting a haircut soon. Totally different style. (I think.) does the above picture even count as a style? This was actually a great hair day for me too....the days of mommyhood change EVERYTHING.
Whoohoo! Take a look at my handsome farmer husband.
thank-you Janice for the sunflowers! They're such cheerful, happy flowers :)
We refer to Brett's mom as her "Nana" and my parents have already been dubbed "Granna and Papa"
Bubbles! This was with Anna in the car...sometimes she loves her car seat, but other times she gets a bit upset and starts to cry. If Brett's driving I get in the backseat and help her with the pacificer until she gets happy. I'm convinced sometimes she just gets lonely. I think she'll be a talker like her mama. :)
Sweet naptime with mama. I just love having Anna Ruth snuggled up on me...feeling her sweet breath and being able to hold her close! When she's awake she is VERY active, kicking her arms and legs. I want to cherish the time I can actually have now for my cuddlebug :)
Happy 3rd anniversary to us! Brett and I are in Branson (with our girl of course!) celebrating...next post will be Anna's first vacation photos! She slept the entire way to Branson...and happily slept with her favorite blanket and toy in her seat while we ate at Red Lobster later on in the evening. What a treat!

No comments:

:)

happy