Well, Brett and I have been engaged for one week and two days. :) I have been trying to keep everyone updated on the details of the wedding thus far, but can't seem to keep up with all of the phone calls. So, please check here for the specifics and plans for the wedding. I will try to keep this updated!
In case you haven't heard "the story"....Brett and I went fishing on Saturday, May 24. We took the boat out and stopped at a beautiful spot on the lake. I thought we were just relaxing and enjoying the day, but Brett had bigger plans! He pulled the most beautiful ring I've ever seen out and said "Will you marry me?" After I said "YES", for the first time in my life, I was actually speechless :), but smiling from ear-to-ear.
The phone calls, e-mails, and visits started to spread the news. We have been so overwhelmed with gratitude to everyone who has expressed such happiness for us. We feel so loved!
The planning for the wedding started soon....because as my momma told me, the wedding was coming up in 10 weeks! :) We are getting married on Sunday, August 3rd.
So, one week into the engagement and here's what we have thus far:
Dress-Taken care of!
Facility-Fayetteville Town Center for the ceremony and reception
Preacher-Mr. Jared Graham
Bridesmaids-:) Have them all lined up!
Groomsmen-Got these too
Food-Homemade cakes, pies, etc. We're going to have a big family potluck :)
Music-Expect to hear a little bluegrass....country......Frank Sinatra....and then some :)
Decorations-We're going for an antique/rustic look.
Colors-Chocolate brown/light blue
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (137)
- ► 2009 (111)
- Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to Brett's family ...
- A look at life lately! I've been working on condo...
- Good mornin'! :) Well, things are certainly movin'...
- Brett and I received our first gift as a couple t...
- 180 wedding invitations are signed, sealed, and wi...
- So much has been happening the past few days, as f...
- We're movin' on up.......with the wedding date tha...
- WE MADE IT.We are now registered! Brett picked me ...
- Registering today! :)We are going to register at D...
- "Love is the key. Joy is love singing. Peace is lo...
- Whew, another day of working at school, and prepar...
- A sneak peek at decorations!
- Hi Everyone! Well, Brett and I have been engaged ...
- ▼ June (13)