Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Everything's Magical when it snows."



We have a lot of interesting things behind our house. Plenty of deer, birds galore, and occasionally something out of the ordinary. Such was the case with this creature, we shall call "Hedwig" (Harry Potter, anyone?) Brett looked it up and told me this was a Hoot Owl.
He came two days in a row and sat staring at the house. He must be waiting to give me an important message. Let's pretend, shall we?

One of my "jobs" during the days is to keep the fire in the stove going. I must brag-I do all-right. Yesterday I kept it going from 7:30 a.m.to 8:30 p.m. ALL. BY. MYSELF. Woot!

We had our first snow yesterday. Just enough to make me think of Gilmore Girls and all their good snow quotes. :) It really was pretty. Hardly enough to stay though-looked like a bag of flour had accidentally been tipped from heaven, just barely coating things. Maybe God was mixing up a good batch of sugar cookies. Yuummy.









Most of my Christmas presents this year are homemade. I'll be doing a post soon showing you what I've been up to! I heart homemade.

Also, changes are coming to the blog in 2012. :)


and lastly-while cooking dinner last night I discovered a poor thing met his maker facedown in a jug of vinegar. It starts with an "m" and rhymes with "house." Insert gasping-for-air here.

3 comments:

Amber Gutshall said...

LOVE Gilmore Girls :)

Steph said...

Your house looks gorgeous covered in snow! I love it. And the pic of the deer. And of course HEDWIG. She isn definitely wanting to give you some kind of important message. What could it be....? Can't wait to see the projects you've been working on. I've been busy too. Can't post til after Christmas because certain people might see (aka my family--haha)

SydneeB said...

LOL! Sorry about the mouse.... It's much worse when they run across the stove top while you're in the kitchen! Get a cat country girl! ;)
And I love your homemade gifts for Christmas!!! You're such the creative person!

:)

happy