Friday, October 31, 2008

Brett took me to see... The Secret Life of Bees tonight. This is a picture of the pink house from the movie......and one of my favorite quotes from the movie.. " Some things don't matter much. Like the color of a house. How big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart--now, that matters. The whole problem with people is ... they know what matters, but they don't choose it... The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters."
This movie had some very true pieces of wisdom in it..........it was also one of the most deeply sad movies I've ever seen. Almost too sad for my taste.
I was glad Brett took me to see it though. He was the only guy in the theater...what a husband! :)
Tomorrow is a quilt meeting! I have (lately) thought about getting a sewing machine......I have so many craft/bag ideas....plus it would be neat to make a quilt.
We had our "fall party" at school today....and I voted today! I believe this is a right all should exercise. I waited about an hour in line........but saw our children's pastors, and stood right behind Craig Depew (someone I went to school with my whole life). It was good to catch up with all! :)
VARIETY show is still coming soon..........as well as a creative reminder.
To get your thoughts going.........here are some options (in case you don't have an act picked out yet!)
You could sing, dance, do some type of demonstration, teach us something, read a scripture, play an instrument, share a hidden talent, tell a story, do a skit, etc. etc.etc.
'till next time! :)

No comments:

:)

happy