Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A big thank-you to everyone who checked on me while I've been sick the last couple of days! I had a stomach virus and sinus infection but am now up and running (just rather slowly at times). :)
I have the dearest husband who took such good care of me....he took me to the doctor, cooked me soup, cleaned up the house, prayed for me, brought me a cool wash cloth for my head...etc.
He has the "in sickness and health" part down, I'd say.
My momma spoiled me as well and brought me two frozen strawberry treats from Sonic which tasted sooooooo good. I've never had a frozen strawberry slushie before but man are they good! They taste like the juice you drink (or I do at least) after you've eaten all the fresh strawberries out of a bowl-delicious!

Look for a creative post coming soon about the V_R_E_Y S_O_
Oh! and excitement at school........the Springdale fire department was having a contest at each school and the prize was a ride to school in the fire truck (plus time to hang out with the firemen at the station beforehand.....and rumor of a breakfast at McDonald's too!).
So, representing Westwood school as the winner in the contest was one of my students! Big eyes...and dimple and the longest eye lashes you've ever seen (I can't say his name but momma and daddy should know who he is)! Man, is he excited. :) What pure delight I saw on his face when he told me about it today! I plan on taking pictures and having the class clapping and cheering as he pulls up to the school.... :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Glad you're feeling better...and LOVE the fire truck idea...so glad your student won!! Love you, Becca

Nicole said...

Glad that you are feeling better.

:)

happy