Monday, April 26, 2010

What? You don't use the icecream scoop for your corn too?
(Photo and idea courtesy of dear husband)
Tonight I made Mexican pizzas. You would think after all those days of scrubbing the Taco Bell sink I would hate the place, but I don't.
So, it was time to find a healthy alternative and I think I succeeded!
I cooked some ground turkey with onion and taco seasoning. Next I spread fat free refried beans on the whole wheat tortilla's pictured below. Then I put the meat on top of the beans and another tortilla on top of that. Last, I cooked them in the oven at 350 for about 10 or 15 minutes, just enough time to get crispy.
Last, top with sour cream, cheese, and veggies. YUM!
This was definitely a meal to make again. :)

1 comment:

RC said...

What a great idea for a fun dinner! and so pretty too! I'm sure you have some serving spoons here somewhere so you could save the ice cream scoop for its intended purpose....although the idea is creative. Love, Momma

:)

happy