Wasn't today wonderfully sunny?
I thought so. :)
I started a new bible study at church tonight! This one's a long one...it will take two 8-week sessions, with a 4-week break in-between. I am looking forward to it immensely.
Beth Moore made a very good point on our first vide of the book tonight (which is about John).
She had us put our pens down and NOT fill in the blanks that were available on the page.
She challenged us to learn from the heart.......and not just fill in our blanks and call it good. This was an excellent reminder! There is much, much more to growing in Christ than filling in the blanks.
"Because children have abounding vitality, because they are in spirit fierce and free, therefore they want things repeated and unchanged. They always say, "Do it again"; and the grown-up person does it again until he is nearly dead. For grown-up people are not strong enough to exult in monotony. But perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony. It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we."
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (137)
- Pray for Brett please.... he has strep throat and ...
- Before: After: I went for it. :)
- Life has been busier than ever lately! I've had Br...
- :) Italy, Here We Come (In less than 3 months!)
- :) Happy Easter! Thank-you momma and daddy for a g...
- To answer momma's ?, yes, Brett has discovered a w...
- New glasses: Isn't he handsome?!?!?!?!?!?!
- Wasn't today wonderfully sunny? I thought so. :) I...
- Brett made breakfast Sunday morning :). It was DE...
- Guess who? :) Quilt top is finished! Put on you...
- ▼ April (11)